The projects that the Spanish Association for Standardisation, UNE, has carried out throughout its years of experience have covered a variety of activities, in response to the broad range of needs shown by the organisations receiving training plans or knowledge transfer.
At present, the Spanish Association for Standardisation, UNE, takes part in projects covering several areas and sectors of activity. It manages entire projects both on its own and also in collaboration with other authorised bodies, and it organises and participates in specific activities as part of major projects. It always follows a methodology of identification, formulation, execution and evaluation based on a logical framework approach to its projects.
The main areas of specialisation are:
- Harmonisation of standards and alignment of legislations.
- Analysis of the compatibility of standards with the practices of the European Union.
- Application of the “acquis communautaire”.
- Development of national and regional-scale quality policies. (technical regulations, standardisation, certification, metrology, accreditation, conformity assessment, laboratories and market surveillance)
- Strengthening management skills, increasing participation of stakeholders, developing efficient self-financing systems in national standardisation bodies.
- Assistance to reach mutual recognition agreements.
- Application of the WTO Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade.
- Bringing legislations into line with the WTO Agreement on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS).
- Institutional reinforcement
- Export support
- Framework agreements
- Organising international study visits
- Digitisation of systems and platforms of national entities responsible for quality infrastructure
- Contributing to sustainability and environmental protection